MX player which is one of the most used video player in smartphones has got a new update on January 2019. MX player is a powerful video player with advanced hardware acceleration and subtitle support. It supports almost every video format, audio format and subtitles.
It’s features are,
- HARDWARE ACCELERATION - Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
- MULTI-CORE DECODING - MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that dual-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
- PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN - Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
- SUBTITLE GESTURES - Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
- KIDS LOCK - Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps. (plugin required)
Supported subtitle formats:
- DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS subtitle tracks.
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
What’s new in this update?
New: Dark theme is back for India users to keep your eyes cool! - Location: Tab Me -> Dark Theme
New: The common file operations are in your fingertips with our new More menu for local files.
New: Get the contents of your interest with our new Content Preferences on the Me tab.
Fixed: Background Playback issues on recent versions.
Fixed: Quality switching issues on the online player.
Fixed: Navigation bar issues on dark themes.
MX Player needs permissions on the following categories:
Access Photos/Media/Files permission to read your all media files on your storage
Other app capabilities for various activities like checking network status, Streaming, controlling bluetooth device, controlling the touch feedbacks, blocking keys with kid lock feature.
Link: Update here